Welcome to the MakCHS Grants Office
The grants office was opened in May 2011 in order to respond to researchers’ plight. This was due to reports from researchers of compliance and management of their awards. There was also a need for centralized grant acquisition and administration at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences.
We are located at the Former Regional Center’s Research Room 7. Our mission is to increase the college uptake and management of Donor funded research and projects for innovative research, teaching and provision of services responsive to societal needs. The office provides both pre-award and post-award services. We work with you right from idea inception to award close-out.
Our Focus Areas are;
- Resource Mobilisation
- Capacity Building
- Grants and Contracts Management
A sustainable hub of Innovative Health Research Administration and Grants Management in Africa
To increase the College uptake and management of Donor funded research and projects for innovative research, teaching and provision of services responsive to societal needs.
We offer pre- and post-award services including;
- Provision of information and advice on funding opportunities
- Supporting the proposal development process and submitting completed proposals to funding agencies
- Supporting budget development
- Negotiating and accepting awards from foreign sponsors
- Maintaining a central registry of all College Grant applications, submissions, funded grants and contracts
- Supporting project start-up and implementation
- Drafting, negotiating and managing subawards
- Monitoring expenses for financial compliance
- Preparation of financial reports, budget re-direction and funds carryover requests
- Capacity building sessions covering both pre- and post-award processes targeting both researchers/faculty and research administrators