Makerere University School of Medicine Research Ethics Committee (Mak-SOMREC), is a unit under College of Health Sciences-School of Medicine. Mak-SOMREC is responsible for reviewing and approving the initiation of research protocols to provide assurance of protection of the rights and welfare of participants involved in research prior to their clearance by Uganda National Council for Science and Technology and the Office of the President.
Mak-SOMREC seeks to recruit Administrative Assistant to carry out the following roles;
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provide overall administrative support to the office, working closely with the IRB administrator.
- Receive researchers' application documents and record all documents received and those issued out by the SOMREC office.
- Filing office documents.
- Organizing meetings and taking minutes.
- Ensure that the office has all the necessary supplies.
- Liaise with the accounts office and follow up on office payments.
- Ensure logistical preparation and readiness of SOMREC team in case of field activities.
- Draft project financial requests in time.
- Liaise with the IRB administrator to ensure proper inventory and supplies control.
- Ensure high degree of confidentiality of research records.
- Ensure that all project properties are secure and in good condition.
- Any other duties that will from time to time be assigned to you by the supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree from a recognized University.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a similar position or working with a research organization.
- Knowledge in research ethics and regulation is an added advantage.
- Report writing skills
- Computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
An attractive salary commensurate to the experience and qualifications will be offered.
An application letter that details why you are a good fit for this position accompanied by a detailed resume addressed to the Chairperson, School of Medicine Research Ethics Committee should be submitted to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Friday 27th November 2020. Accompany this with letters from 2 referees.