Makerere University is committed to fostering an Inter-disciplinary approach to students’ learning and problem-solving. In order to achieve this goal, there is an opportunity for Inter-Disciplinary Community-Based-Education and Service/Field Attachment Project available for undergraduate students of Makerere University. Some funding opportunity will be available for the successful candidates.
Applications are being invited from interested undergraduate students to undertake field attachment/internship placement and practice supported by this project in the following Schools:
(i) School of Medicine
(ii) School of Social Sciences
(iii) School of Gender and Women Studies
(iv) School of Health Sciences
(v) School of Law
(vi) School of Public Health
Interested undergraduate students should meet the following criteria:
- Be in second year of study (for 3-year Academic Programmes) and third or fourth year of study (for 4- or 5-Year Academic Programmes)
- Show interest in learning and undertaking field attachment/internship practice in an InterDisciplinary team to assess and address needs of peri-urban communities
- Be on normal progress in their respective Academic Programmes
Write half a page motivation letter indicating interest to participate in the project
1. Interested students should apply to their respective Deans OR Internship/Community Programme Coordinators by 29th February 2020.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for face to face interviews by 7th March 2020.
3. The Field Project/Attachment placement and practice will take place during the Makerere University Recess Term and will be assessed and graded as Field Attachment.
4. Female students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should consist of a cover letter (1 page only), resume (not more than 2 pages), a personal statement (maximum 1 page), and one letter of recommendation from a faculty of your preference.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is 29th February 2020.
Enquiries should be forwarded to the PI, HEPISU Program on email@example.com