MAKERERE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCENCES
TRAINING HEALTH RESEARCHERS INTO VOCATIONAL EXCELLENCE (THRiVE) AND MEDICAL EDUCATION FOR SERVICES FOR ALL UGANDANS (MESAU)
THRiVE brings together 6 universities (Makerere University, Gulu University, National University of Rwanda, Kilimanjaro Christian Medical College, University of Cambridge and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine) and 3 research Institutes (Uganda Virus Research Institute, National Institute for Medical Research, Mwanza and International Centre of Insect Ecology and Physiology), with the aim of building capacity in East Africa for health sciences research.
THRiVE funding will empower African institutions to develop their infrastructure and their administrative and scientific staff capacity to support and lead world-class research programmes. MESAU is a five year collaborative program of medical training schools (Makerere College of Health Sciences, Mbarara University of Science & Technology, Gulu University, Kampala International University and Busitema University) with support from Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI). The goal of MESAU is to increase the number and quality of health workers that are relevant to meet Uganda├ö├ç├ûs health priorities.Ôö¼├í MESAU also intends to improve retention of health workers especially in the underserved areas by emphasising community based education and research. THRiVE and MESAU seek to recruit a Project Administrator.Ôö¼├í
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Administrator will be in charge of daily operation and management of the projects. The main responsibility is to ensure that the projects produce the specified outputs as outlined in project documents and timely production of all reports both progress and financial. General responsibilities include;
- Manage and ensure the realization of project activities and achieve project outputs
- Provide guidance and direction to partners
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports and also prepare periodic progress reports as well as end of project reports
- Participate in relevant project planning and progress reporting of events/activities
- Support the Principal Investigator to draw project plans and realize the project outputs.
- Attend meetings and follow up on issues that arise
- Keep track of project progress and draft periodic reports
- Coordinate project activities with all partners
- Ensure that the project complies with the funding agency rules and regulations
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Project Director
Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters degree in Social Sciences/Humanities/health with at least one year experience in a similar position.
- Experience of not less than 3 years in a capacity building, health systems strengthening programs/projects
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, team player, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced academic environment
- Good analytical and IT skills
Terms and Conditions
The salary and terms and conditions are very competitive and negotiable based on experience.
How to apply
Application together with a current CV indicating 2 professional referees and day time telephone contact plus copies of relevant certificates should be hand delivered to:
The Principal Investigator
THRiVE and MESAU
Publication and Information Centre
Makerere University College of Health Sciences
1st Floor Clinical Research Building
Deadline: 29th July 2011
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Ôö¼├í